Handling of Personal Information at the Tokyo Media Center
Enacted on September 27, 2019
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG), which operates the Tokyo Media Center, will stipulate a policy concerning the handling of information by which the relevant person can be identified (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”) that TMG will collect through operational work for the Tokyo Media Center and clarify the rights of the relevant person, such as the right to request disclosure, correction, or discontinuation of the use of the possessed Personal Information, and it will also stipulate the roles of TMG and thereby strive for proper operation of the Tokyo Media Center while also working to protect the rights and interests of the relevant person.
1. Collection and use of Personal Information
When TMG, acting as data controller, collects Personal Information, it will specify in advance the purposes of utilization and then use lawful and fair means to collect the information after notifying the relevant person of the specified purposes of utilization or publicly announcing them. Excluding cases that will be allowed under a law or ordinance, TMG will use the collected Personal Information only within the scope that is necessary in order to accomplish the purposes of utilization that were specified in advance.
2. Security control measures of Personal Information
In order to prevent unauthorized access to Personal Information and the loss, destruction, alteration, and leaks of Personal Information and to otherwise conduct proper management of Personal Information, TMG will appropriately implement organizational, physical, and technical measures. It will also appropriately implement human-related measures for people who handle Personal Information, such as education and activities to raise awareness for personal information protection.
3. Provision of Personal Information to external parties
Excluding cases that fulfill the requirements of a law or ordinance, TMG will not provide Personal Information to external parties without obtaining the data subject’s consent in advance.
4. Respect for the relevant person’s rights
TMG will respect the rights of the relevant person in relation to Personal Information, and when TMG receives a request from the relevant person for disclosure, correction, or discontinuation of use of possessed Personal Information or when it receives notification of a complaint, it will follow the stipulations of laws or ordinances and sincerely and promptly handle the request or complaint.
5. Continuous improvement
TMG will create a mechanism for continuously improving the management system for personal information protection, and it will also conduct risk assessment, reflect that assessment in TMG’s policies, and thereby aim to maintain and improve awareness about the protection of Personal Information.
Publicly Notice at the Tokyo Media Center
1. Purposes of Utilization
Personal Information that TMG collected will be used for the purposes below.
(1) Purposes of utilization of Personal Information that is collected through a site use application
- (a)Provision of functions for login to the site for a user who is registered for site use (hereinafter referred to as the “User”)
- (b)Changes of the password for the site intended for the User, the choice of whether or not email newsletters are received, changes of icons, and provision of functions for inquiries
- (c)Handling of inquiries or consultations concerning this service
- (d)Delivery of information about the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games and email newsletters concerning the host city
- (e)Provision of an application form for an accreditation card (hereinafter referred to as “AD”)
- (f)Ascertainment of the state of use of the User’s information and forecast demand for usage of Tokyo Media Center facilities.
- (g)Provision of information about maintenance of the site intended for the User
(2) Purposes of utilization of Personal Information that is collected through an AD application
- (a)AD issuance and screening associated with issuance
- (b)Provision of functions to confirm AD application information
- (c)Provision of reservation functions to within Tokyo Media Center facilities
- (d)Management of AD within Tokyo Media Center facilities, collection of records of entering and exiting the Center, and monitoring by using surveillance cameras
- (e)Handling of theft and lost items at the Tokyo Media Center
2. Handling of cookies
3. The legal bases and the voluntary nature of provision
The processing of Personal information for the purposes listed above are based on (i) the performance of the contractual obligations between you and TMG while using the website, (ii) the legitimate interest of TMG to protect the TMC facilities and visitors, and (iii) your prior consent, in order to select your choice about receiving the newsletter.
The provision of Personal Information on the application form is voluntary, but in the event that there is an insufficiency in a matter requested by TMG, there is a possibility that it will not be possible to conduct the necessary procedures or provide the appropriate handling.
4. Provision of Personal Information to external parties and international transfers
Excluding cases that are allowed under a law or ordinance (e.g. if asked by regulators and/or authorities), TMG will not provide Personal Information to an external party without obtaining the data subject’s consent. In the event that the data subject’s consent was obtained and Personal Information will be provided to an external party, TMG will clearly indicate to the data subject in advance the party to which provision will be made and the type of personal data that will be provided. Excluding cases that are stipulated in a law or ordinance, TMG will not provide Personal Information to an external organization in a foreign country. In that case, any appropriate measure shall be adopted by TMG to ensure a high level of data protection.
5. Supervision of trustees
TMG may provide the collected Personal Information to the trustees to which work is consigned within the scope that is necessary in order to accomplish the purposes of utilization that are specified in “1. Purposes of utilization”. In such a case as well, TMG will ask the trustees – and therefore provide appropriate instructions – to properly handle the Personal Information that TMG provided, and it will conduct sufficient and appropriate supervision.
6. The data subject’s rights
(1) Withdrawal of consent
In the event that Personal Information will be used on the basis of the data subject’s consent, the data subject can withdraw that consent at any time, without causing an effect on the lawful handling based on the consent before withdrawal. Provided, however, that even if it is a case in which consent was withdrawn, Personal Information may be handled, limited to cases that will be allowed based on a law or ordinance.
(2) Request for disclosure and others
If you want to make a request for access to your Personal Information, disclosure, correction, erasure, or interruption of the use of your own Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the “request for disclosure and others”), please contact the Secretariat of “9. Receipt of inquiries and objections concerning Personal Information” below and then make a request by following the procedures that TMG separately stipulates. When such a request is made, the Secretariat will collect information by which an individual can be identified (name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and email address） and confirm that you are the relevant person. Provided, however, that in a case that will be allowed under a law or ordinance, TMG may not respond to the request for disclosure and others of Personal Information.
(3) Data portability
You may have the right to receive personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may have the right to transmit that data to another entity.
(4) Right to object and rights related to automated decision-making
Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Information, including profiling, by us and we can be required to no longer process your personal data. This may include requesting human intervention in relation to an automated decision so that you can express your view and to contest the decision.
(5) Complaint to the supervisory authority
If you have an objection about the handling of your Personal Information, or if you have an objection about the method of handling your Personal Information, you can lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
(6) Other rights of the data subject
In addition to what is stated above, the relevant person has the rights that are allowed as the data subject’s rights in laws or ordinances. The exercise of these data subject’s rights may be restricted, for example in a case in which a third party’s Personal Information will end up being made clear if the relevant person’s request is followed, in a case in which a third party’s rights will be infringed, in a case in which an obligation arises under a law or ordinance, or in a case in which deletion of Personal Information is requested despite the fact that TMG has a pressing and valid interest for saving the Personal Information. If you will exercise your rights for your own Personal Information, please inform TMG by using “9. Receipt of inquiries and objections concerning Personal Information” below.
7. Retention period for Personal Information
TMG will store Personal Information that was collected by electronic and non-electronic means for no for longer than is necessary in order to accomplish the purposes of utilization above. In addition, TMG may also store or use Personal Information related to the relevant person who deleted an account for the purpose of an obligation based on a law or ordinance, problem resolution, or exercise of a right, or for the purpose of various types of investigations that are necessary for such matters. When archiving Personal Information, TMG will adopt adequate technical and organisational security measures.
9. Receipt of inquiries and objections concerning Personal Information
- Tokyo Media Center Management Office
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org