With the Olympic Games just 18 days away, Tokyo Governor Koike Yuriko sent a video message to the world’s media
inviting them to the Tokyo Media Center (TMC) provided by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government. TMC offers services
not only for members of the press coming to Tokyo but also those working from their home countries, a great
opportunity to cover the Games and the City online no matter how far away. Registration is required for full use of
member services. Do not miss the opportunity to receive regular full online updates about what’s happening in Tokyo
during the Games!
1) Access TMC’s registration page at https://tokyo.mediacenter.jp/?modal=register
2) Submit your name and email for Account Registration.
3) Register your ID and proof of employment with the Accreditation Application at https://tokyo.mediacenter.jp/login/
Benefits of TMC Online Service
1) TMC Web will be your home for various information during the Games, including photos, videos,
data regarding Tokyo and more.
2) TMC Newsletters will update you twice a day with what’s happening in Tokyo during the Games.
3) TMC Briefings will live-stream daily briefings from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government. You can cast
questions to the officials. They are scheduled from 12:30 pm to 1:00 pm, Japan Standard Time (JST), from July
23 to August 8 and from August 24 to September 5, 2021.
4) TMC Talks will video-stream daily live presentations and recorded messages by Governor Koike and/or global
leaders from various fields such as sports, culture and urban development. The main theme will be the future
of Tokyo. You can cast questions to speakers via online tools. More details about TMC Talks will be announced
soon. They are scheduled from 2:00 pm to 2:40 pm, JST, from July 21 to August 8 and from August 23 to
September 5, 2021.
5) TMC Online Concierge will answer your questions and provide consultations a
We are looking forward to serving you soon!
About the Tokyo Media Center (TMC)
The Tokyo Media Center (TMC) has been set up by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government to serve as a media
coverage base for domestic and international media during the Olympic and Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020. TMC
provides information related to the host city Tokyo as well as the Tokyo 2020 Games. It is totally separate from
the Main Press Centre (MPC) and International Broadcast Centre (IBC), which are operated by the Tokyo 2020
Date and Time of Opening:
Wednesday, July 21, 2021 to Monday, August 9, 8:00 am to 10:00 pm, JST
Monday, August 23, 2021 to Sunday, September 5, 8:00 am to 10:00 pm, JST
* A pre-opening is scheduled on Monday, July 19 and Tuesday, July 20. The details will be announced separately.
Tokyo Sports Square, 2nd and 3rd Floor (address: Marunouchi 3-8-3, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo)
1 minute walk from JR Yurakucho Station and Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Station
Workspace and lounge
Approximately 120 seats available to create a work environment for journalists.
A drink corner offering refreshments will also be provided.
Staff will respond to inquiries regarding facilities usage. Upon first entrance, guests will receive a
media kit which includes complimentary Tokyo-related giveaways.
The Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) will have booths to promote Japan’s various
regions and traditional culture.
Japanese Liquors Booth
The National Tax Agency (NTA) will have a booth to introduce Japanese liquors.
Wi-fi available for use by registered members.
* Detailed information such as COVID-19 countermeasures and how to enter the facilities will be periodically updated on the
TMC website and TMC Briefings.
About Media Center Registration
Tokyo Media Center Management Office
Other Inquiries Regarding the TMC
Tokyo 2020 Media Center, Policy Coordination Section,
Policy Coordination Division, Office of the Governor for Policy Planning,
Tokyo Metropolitan Government
Last updated on July 5, 2021